


We were pretty excited this month to hear that Dick Neal, the man who baptized Dawnene, was able to visit Matt on his mission in Melbourne, Australia! Dick was over in Melbourne for business, and surprised Matt when he showed up at Matt's Sacrament meeting. Matt was so excited, and so were we! For Dick, it must be neat to see the fruit of his labors being extended to another generation, and beyond.
We're thankful for 2 other blessings this month. One was that Brig found a great landscaper to come in and build rock retaining walls and level our yard -- all on trade. We didn't have to pay a dime! This was great, as the yard was pretty unusable. We got estimates on leveling the yard when we first moved in, but they all came to $15-20,000! We decided that we didn't want to pay that on this little house. However, we're thrilled that we'll now be able to enjoy the backyard, plant a garden, etc. We're also happy because the house will now be more "sellable," should we ever decide to sell.
The other blessing involves my health. On Tuesday of this week, I began having severe vertigo, where everything spun, and I couldn't walk or stand straight. I also threw up. I went to the Dr. on Wed after school, but he couldn't find anything wrong. He checked my reflexes to see if I'd had a stroke. He told me that if it happened again, I should get to the emergency room. I was dizzy at school on Thursday, but when I drove home and then to Home Depot, I had to pull over and wait for another "spinning" session to stop. After arriving home, the vertigo began again, and increased. Brig took me to the hospital, where they did blood work, CT scan, etc. Everything looked normal, so they decided the vertigo was caused by an inner ear infection. So, I'm now on an anti-vertigo medicine and an antibiotic. It sure could have been a lot worse -- so, I'm counting my blessings!
Matt still is skinny. Dawnene wants to know how come the boys in this family have to TRY to gain weight, while the girls just put it on??? SO UNFAIR!!!!
ReplyDelete